Client: ABI/Inverness Medical Diagnostics
- Develop an attractive, ergonomic lateral flow cartridge with integrated cap and reader window.
- Verify that design meets requirements and follows good design for manufacturing practices.
Unique Features and Accomplishments
- Applied our experience in lateral flow cartridge design following best practices for mechanical design to prevent sample leaks, occlusion of flow, and strip movement, ensuring consistent performance.
- Incorporated interlocks and snap fits that optimized the cost to assemble.
- Designed external form and ergonomics, focusing on the grip area and cap, to meet user experience requirements for comfort, ease of use, and sanitation.
- Developed product and transferred the design, prototype molds and learnings to the manufacturer in 5 months, meeting schedule requirements.
- Design proven with high volume production exceeding 20,000 units per day.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in:
- Design for Manufacturing
- Industrial Design
- Plastic Assembly Methods