- 100% sealed system used for testing hazardous viruses, tested to 120 PSI.
- A syringe-like device delivers sample through the intake port, which then flows through integrated filtration media and resuspends a dried reagent.
- The solution then fills two small chambers of a known size to meter the sample. The chambers feature injection molded lenses, made with optical grade plastic, allowing the solution to be imaged with a reader.
- The cartridge features vessels that receive excess pressure and have hydrophobic vent media at their inlets, allowing sample to travel through the sealed cartridge but not enter the vessels.
- Transparent top housing and black bottom housing for laser welding the assembly. Also designed to be compatible with ultrasonic welding.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in:
- Mechanical Design and Engineering
- Materials Selection
- Industrial Design
- Microfluidics and Fluid Dynamics
This product is commercially available: http://dxna.com/?page_id=64