- Reduce the per-unit cost of manufacturing of an existing injection molded lateral flow cartridge without compromising performance.
- Unique Features and Accomplishments
- Redesigned the cartridge for manufacturing using thermoforming, rather than injection molding, meeting target per-unit costs.
- Tested and proved that the new lateral flow cartridge replicated the performance of the existing injection molded version and while maintaining compatibility with high volume thermoform manufacturing methods.
- This project drew heavily on our knowledge and experience with high volume production techniques.
- Required pushing the limits of thermoform production capabilities in order to create a design which replicated injection molded features and functions.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in:
- Design for Manufacturing
- Material Selection
- Product Testing