Director of Engineering, Product Development
Dylann has 19 years of experience designing medical devices, including 15 years designing orthopedic supports for the knee, shoulder, back and ankle. She earned her a M.S. in Biomechanical Engineering at UC Berkeley and her B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Brigham Young University.
As a mother of 5 children, all of whom are active in sports, she spends most of her spare time in the volleyball gym or at the beach. She enjoys watching her kids play, coaching teams, or playing volleyball in competitive leagues.
Notable Products Developed:
Areas of Expertise
- Mechanical design of injection molded plastic components
- Mechanical design of metal components: CNC, stamping, MIM, screw machine, casting
- Design for Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Finite Element Analysis
- Orthopedic injury mechanisms and mechanical properties of ligaments, tendons, and bone
- Orthopedic Supports including functional and osteoarthritis support braces and post-operative range of motion limiting modalities.
- Gait analysis
- 8,172,781 Orthopedic Brace Having a Length-Adjusting Mechanism and a Lockable Rotation Hinge
- 8,062,242 Hinge Assembly for an Orthopedic Knee Brace and Knee Brace Incorporating the Hinge Assembly
- 7,479,122 Frame for an orthopedic brace including offset hinges
- 7,306,572 Hinge assembly for an orthopedic knee brace and knee brace incorporating the hinge
- 6,852,113 Internal osteotomy fixation device
- 6,527,733 Hinge assembly for an orthopedic knee brace and knee brace incorporating the hinge
- 8,277,403 Support assembly for an orthopedic brace having a length-adjusting mechanism
- 8,273,045 Method for fitting an orthopedic brace to the body