Do you need help with engineering design involving microfluidics?
At Symbient Product Development, we have completed over 100 projects with fluid handling requirements in volumes ranging from milliliters (ml) down to microliter (µl) volumes. The following is a summary of our experience and expertise in microfluidics, small volumes and fluid dynamics.
Complex assay implementation achieving:
- Plasma separation
- RNA and DNA purification
- Cell lysis, separation and processing
- Bacterial analysis and detection
- Biomarker expression
Example of LAMP assay cartridge developed by Symbient
Developing and applying methods to achieve fluidic requirements including:
- Metering, static and active mixing, aspiration, volume separating, filtration.
- Normally closed and normally open valve designs that are low cost / consumable
- Precise sample splitting, including array distribution.
- Capillary action, surface tension, adhesion, wetting.
High precision fluid handling at levels down to:
- 2 µl (microliters)
- 40 µm deep x 60 µm wide fluidic channels
- For projects that require even smaller volumes or features, we develop the components of the project that handle the transition from macro or meso to micro.
Example of splitting sample into 64 equal parts
Meeting Other Fluidic Requirements
- Multichannel fluidics and complex fluid distribution devices.
- Difficult to handle fluids including bodily fluids, solvents, biological reagents, low boiling point fluids, and those of varying viscosity.
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic materials.
- Researching, specifying and integrating membranes and custom matrices of nearly unlimited type.
- Fluids under high pressure and vacuum.
- Rehydrating dried reagents.
- Lyophilized beads.
- Blister pack design and integration.
- Atomization and aerosol nozzle design.
- Sealing using o-rings, laminates, sonic and laser welding, thermo bonding, and solvent bonding, among others.
Call Symbient Product Development today to see how we can help you!