Client: ACON Labratories / Azure Institute
- Design a low cost lancet with features normally limited to premium-priced lancets for use in a glucose monitoring kit.
Unique Features and Accomplishments
- Developed a unique design that minimized the number of components without sacrificing premium lancet device functions such as adjustable depth selection and other features intended to minimize pain.
- Required at least two fewer components than all competing lancet devices, resulting in a substantially lower cost per unit.
- Designed an attractive, easy to use product that stands out from most lancet devices, which are typically plain and lack quality ergonomics.
- US Patent application # 60,553,223
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in: