Design an instrument driven cartridge which performs an assay of sample division, capture, imaging and processing of several reagents in order to identify bacteria and measure reaction to antibiotics.
Unique Features and Accomplishments
- Developed a method to divide sample into 8 equal volumes. Building on the success, developed a method to divide sample into 64 equal volumes.
- Designed and prototyped fluidic channels that are 400 μm wide.
- Integrated injection molded components with multiple laminate structures in a unique design.
- Developed a heat seal method to assemble the laminate structures with the injection molded cartridge body.
- Developed unique valve that is actuated within the laminate structure using compressed air.
- Designed cartridge to accept mechanical inputs from an instrument in order to complete the assay.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in: