- Use our microfluidic expertise to create an in vitro diagnostic cartridge for rapid susceptibility testing of positive blood culture samples to antibiotics.
- Perform design, prototype, prototype injection molding and assembly process development.
Unique Features and Accomplishments:
- Complex multichannel microfluidics, flow balancing, sample and reagent delivery, on-cartridge valving, optical compatibility for imaging.
- Enables same day results and antibiotic treatment guidance for sepsis patients.
- Generates minimum inhibitor concentration values as soon as 2 hours. Panels for gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria for rapid AST resulting.
- Susceptibility results are based on viable bacterial growth monitoring.
- Detects functional resistance; results not based on specific probes or image database comparison.
- A minimum of 22 hours faster than traditional culture-based methods.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in: