Fraction-Collecting Urine Cup
Client: Exosome Diagnostics
Client has unique assay that requires the first fraction of a urine sample to be easily separated from rest of sample, as a higher concentration of exosomes are present.
Unique Features and Accomplishments:
- User friendly design allows urine collection to proceed in the same way as traditional collection devices while automatically separating the first fraction into the lower chamber.
- When lower chamber is filled, a float device in lower chamber seals lower chamber from upper chamber, isolating the first fraction of urine from rest of specimen during sample collection.
- Top cap is designed with a long plug to seal first fraction from rest of sample until processed at lab.
- Once sealed, sample can be shaken without mixing fractions while in transit to the lab.
- Lower chamber has separate cap to allow extraction of first fraction with minimal contact.
Product available here.
Exosome Urine Cup: Ready for sample collection
Exosome Urine Cup: First fraction separated from rest of sample
Exosome Urine Cup: Bottom lid removed, float is visible, first fraction successfully separated from rest of sample
Exosome Urine Cup: Float removed, sample ready for removal by technician