Client: Exosome Diagnostics
Client has unique assay that requires the first fraction of a urine sample to be easily separated from rest of sample, as a higher concentration of exosomes are present.
Unique Features and Accomplishments:
- User friendly design allows urine collection to proceed in the same way as traditional collection devices while automatically separating the first fraction into the lower chamber.
- When lower chamber is filled, a float device in lower chamber seals lower chamber from upper chamber, isolating the first fraction of urine from rest of specimen during sample collection.
- Top cap is designed with a long plug to seal first fraction from rest of sample until processed at lab.
- Once sealed, sample can be shaken without mixing fractions while in transit to the lab.
- Lower chamber has separate cap to allow extraction of first fraction with minimal contact.
Product available here.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in: