Client has a unique system to detect Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) from the skin. They needed a low-cost disposable cartridge to store, and upon a user action, deliver both a dry and wet reagent to an integrated electrochemical sensor. The cartridge inserts into a wearable wristband, which provides BAC to the wearer.
Unique Features and Accomplishments:
- Designed and molded a single-use cartridge assembly that allows user activation of the chemical sensor.
- Electrochemical sensor lyophilized and wet reagents are stored on cartridge ready for activation by user.
- One-piece assembly design with living hinge reduces manufacturing cost.
- Snap closure allows simple user activation of chemical sensors.
- Contacts on the sensor interface to the electronics in the wrist band with the help of magnets that position the cartridge allowing for quick and easy user installation.
While all projects benefit from our development process and expertise in design, engineering, and in-house rapid prototyping, this project highlights our expertise in: